Thursday, February 10, 2011

first things first. a few rules for the road ahead.

a blog about what makes women happy. written by a dude.


"wait...what?! no way." you might say. and you'd be right because i'd be crazy to think that i've figured women out. my lovely wife can attest to that. however, i have been around the more beautiful half of creation all my life. i grew up with my mom and my sister. my grandmother and aunts helped raise me after my dad left when i was two. when my mom got remarried, i inherited two more sisters. all this is to say that i've been surrounded by girls my whole life.

listen, i know that doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to understanding how one works. i once heard that there was a book called "what men know about women". it was two hundred plus pages and all the pages were...blank. true story. and i completely agree. and i think that's how most guys feel. but every once in a while we accidentally make the other gender smile.

my goal with this blog is to capture those moments and prove that romance is still attainable.

but before we get to cutting the cheese (get it?), here are some rules for the road ahead:


01. there is diverse range of the endless personalities of woman. and when you think you've finally pinpointed where your lady sits on that spectrum, she changes. on to rule number two.

02. she is dynamic. and way more complex than you can imagine. so stop trying to figure her out. just admire her. adore her. love her.

03. because of the first two rules...the key here is creativity and customization. the last thing she wants is cut-and-paste, straight-out-of-the-box love. with women, it really is the thought that counts.

04. ok...i can't think of any more rules so let's get on with it...

i will post as frequently as i can. hopefully, i can help to spark your own creativity and help you make your lady smile. and for the ladies reading the blog - feel free to forward to the guy in your life (that is, if you don't think i'm completely nuts). check in frequently and leave comments to share successes, failures, ideas, thoughts, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait for the many posts to come. So many ideas can stem from this blog! And most importantly, what a great annual book you can print for you and Ashley. You've always been good with writing and romance. This blog's a great way to combine the two, inspiring others along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I've always wanted to get this started. Thanks for pushing me to finally do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of your genius comes from the fact that you grew up surrounded by women.

    However, this is really a great blog and will hopefully open up many hearts that have needed a doorway like you have now provided.

    I love you. dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT IDEA!!! I'm awaiting each blog post with bated breath. And as Jordin Sparks crooned, it's impossible to breath with "no air." So...keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete